market-farming - Re: Hello responses/yard long

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Sawyer <css AT ioa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hello responses/yard long
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:07:08 -0500

We plant beans three times; three to four weeks apart. Mexican bean
beetles are the problem here in the mountains. We used a 'bought' wasp
to control the second generation, but the first did huge amounts of
damage because the release was timed too early and there were not enough
larvae present when I released the wasp.

Chris