market-farming - RE: alar myth...What Myth?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: alar myth...What Myth?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:41:26 -0500

I'm sure that they don't. The globalization of food is not good for the farmer or the consumer.

On a side subject we hear about how opening up trade with china will be so great for the American farmer. The opposite is the truth. China is a major agricultural country. Honey, apples, (soon hogs, wheat, etc.) And without environmental or labor regulations.

This is why any trade agreement must include environmental and labor rules.