market-farming - RE: alar myth...What Myth?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: alar myth...What Myth?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:29:02 -0500

>But the truth is daminozide is off the market -was withdrawn by the
>company and banned by the US government ( during a Republican
>administration), has been for quit some time,

Actually you can still buy Alar for horticultural use only, sold as B-nine
its a very effective growth retardant, I use it to regulate the growrh of
greenhouse potted flowers, it cannot be used on food plants, its was used in
vegetable transplant production, a teaspoon of Alar mixed in a quart of water
and lightly misted onto newly emerged vegetable plants prevented the plants
from becoming leggy, a natural alternative to growth control is the use of
ethylene...
BTW the bulk of the apple juice concentrate used in the USA is imported from
China which has lead to the distruction of the east coast apple industry I
wonder if the Chinese view the ban on Alar the same way we do?...

Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/