market-farming - Re: Leigh's World Of Peace and Harmony

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Leigh's World Of Peace and Harmony
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:18:29 -0400

Robert,

It's the pepper buds the deer like. Usually, this time of the season they stop bothering the peppers, though I've had some in eating on the leaves recently. But that's only because of the really desperate drought in this neck of the woods (until last weekend). The deer are going to have a really hard winter around here because of lack of feed. I expect to lose a lot of greens come October. And it's hard to shoot all the deer that come in at 3 in the morning. I got two last week, but I'm sure there were a dozen others out there eating.