market-farming - Re: Bomb them with butter, bribe them with hope.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bomb them with butter, bribe them with hope.
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:26:34 -0500

Robert,
I agree totally with your statement below - our foreign policy, and the
IMF and World Bank have been inroads for corporate America and Corporate
Elsewhere - at the expense of the self-sufficiency (and democracy) of many
countries.

It is interesting and relevant to me that a peace rally is scheduled in
Washington DC on the same date that formerly a World Bank/IMF protest rally
had been scheduled. To me, the issues are all caught up with each other.
The World Bank/IMF protest was called off due to the Sept. 11th events. It
had already been scaled back due to the scheduled protests.

Jill