market-farming - Re: One ups manship

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: One ups manship
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:42:16 -0400

Mitch & all,

Don't feel bad about falling asleep and missing the first moon walk. The
same thing happened to me.

I was at Fort Bragg for 6 weeks of Reserve Officers Training Camp. We all
got a weekend pass in honor of the moon landing and a carload of us headed
off base as soon as we could. Our first stop was for steaks (I was a
carnivore back then and not yet aware that I was a CO) and the second was at
a motel.

We rented double rooms so we would all have a big bed and took turns taking a
hot shower- ALONE!- with no one shouting to hurry up. And imagine using the
bathroom without 40 other guys crammed into the room! (We were in WWII era
barracks at Ft. Bragg.) Next was a beer & chips run.

So added together- a large meal, long, hot shower, cold beer, a comfortable
bed, air conditioning, delays of the moon walk until late night, exhaustion
from weeks of training- you can guess the results. We all fell asleep and
missed it! My roomy woke up after the fact and woke me up to watch the
replays.

I haven't thought about that night for many years. Thanks for the reminder.

Alex