market-farming - Re: determining organic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: determining organic
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:07:44 -0400

If you have a market that sells itself as organic you should also have a
system of random testing of produce which is very expensive but the only way
to insure organic standards are followed.
I don't care if a grower is certified, the fact remains that even a certified
organic grower can use unapproved pesticides asumming that no one is going to
test the produce, no one knows what goes on back in the field, the potential
financial loss of a crop and a years pay from insects and disease can test
the best intentioned organic farmer, we all are human.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/