market-farming - Re: salad mix

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: salad mix
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:04:15 -0500

Title: Re: [market-farming] salad mix
Phil – will your salad mix germinate without a problem at this time?  I tried seeding some about four weeks ago – kept it well watered and it was in pretty good shade but it still didn’t survive the hot spell we had – all that’s left is a patch of kale, mizuna and mustards that I’ll cut for a braising mix this week.  Do you have any tips for success?

Glad things weren’t as bad as they originally seemed for you.  Sounds like market is doing well!

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas

  • Re: salad mix, Joan Vibert, 07/15/2001