market-farming - Re: What to do with Edame?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: What to do with Edame?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:04:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/01 9:58:19 PM Central Daylight Time, kampy AT grm.net
writes:

Are you going to be reimbursed for the lost crops?

Good to hear from you, and everything really was set back from the ,about 2
weeks, but things are getting to look a lot better.  Most of the vendors in
our market has had peppers and tomatoes for a couple of weeks, and I'm still
a couple weeks away.  At le3ast the plants survived which is a life saver.

Could really use a rain right now,but I haven't noticed anything going
through aany major stress.  Our sweet corn has been on for about two weeks
but the ears are a little smaller than I like but it sure tastes good
!!!!!!!!!!  and sales have been just great this year on everything, can't
find enough pickers to keep us from running out at all the markets we are
going to.  Great year for green beans, and swiss chard has been great,50
bunches last saturday.  Starting a new row of lettuce (salad mix) next week,
that always helps the sales totals.

Phil From Iowa