market-farming - Re: harvest festival

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: harvest festival
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 22:57:33 -0500

Regards to the List:

Joan, I found the information you need:
(quoting from the brochure)

Harvest Connection

is a service that links food growers to wholesale food buyers - farmers have food products to sell and wholesale food buyers, such as restaurants and grocery stores, want to purchase fresh, locally grown food.

Contact: Teresa Hoy
Harvest Connection Program Coordinator
Johnson County Extension Center
135 W. Market
Warrensburg, MO 64093
660-747-3114
toll free 1-877-684-0669

This project was funded by Missouri Department of Agriculture through a grant to: Outreach & Extension, University of MO, Columbia

I don't know if Kansas is included, but it's worth a call. Good luck.

Marie in Missouri

this is exactly what we need in the Kansas City area - someone we could email
with our produce quantities who could then make it available to the local
chefs in a timely manner.