market-farming - Re: Vendor selection for Farmer's Mkt.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: wakely11 AT swbell.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Vendor selection for Farmer's Mkt.
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 20:37:32 -0700

> How does your market decide how many vendors with the same product will be
> accepted into the market?
> Linda
> Homestead Farms

I'm in a town of about 100,000. We have alot of vendors who sell the same
things. Some weeks some vendors have more than others. It just sort of
balances
out since most vendors have more than one crop. Another vendor started
selling
flowers (along with his produce but still quite a few flowers) but he doesn't
know jack about the proper time to cut or how to condition so mine are better
quality and I'll outsell him. Some people come back to the same reliable,
consistent vendors no matter what others are selling. In other words, it all
seems to work out.

Nancy Wakely
Grand Canadian Farm