market-farming - Vendor selection for Farmer's Mkt.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HMSTDFRMS AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Vendor selection for Farmer's Mkt.
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:13:22 EDT

Here's a question for all you folks involved in a farmers' mkt:
How does your market decide how many vendors with the same product will be
accepted into the market? Is there any protection at all for current vendors
who are trying to become established in a new market? Any experience you can
share will be helpful, as we are in a rather heated debate over the
acceptance of a very large chicken vendor while we already have three smaller
producers at the market. If accepted, the new vendor might put one or all of
the current vendors out of business.
What are your thoughts?
Linda
Homestead Farms