market-farming - Re: WIC program and herbs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: WIC program and herbs
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 02:33:13 -0500

Gee, I wasn't able to sell herbs to people using WIC coupons last year. I
guess they changed the rules. Anyway, I dropped out of it this year.

Pumpkins can't be sold to WIC participants because they are viewed as
decorations - not food. The goal of the Farmer's Market coupons is to get
families to buy and prepare fresh foods.

Del
Farmer in the Del
Clifton, IL