market-farming - Re: Summary: 101 Uses for an old shower curtain

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Summary: 101 Uses for an old shower curtain
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:13:23 -0400

>Hey Bill, I've come up with an idea for a broken toilet, use it as a flower
>pot, it will "back-up" the notion of "reduce, reuse and recycle" ;<}
>Also
>it would make the customers remember the potty fruit stand.

Hi Jacqueline,

I guess that is "Way Better" than having them remember the "Fruity Pot
Stand"

I just wouldn't want people to think I was some kind of "Crack Pot"
(Sorry - Had to say it)

Seriously though, after reading your post this morning, I started a "list of
lists" of things that would make good "Reusables" (I may really do that book
after all) and a little later the broken toilet idea hit home. (No pun
intended) As I was watering the horses, I thought about salvaging the float
valve from a broken toilet for an automatic fill valve in the new watering
troughs we are planning to build this week. (Already have the barrels and
the plumbing, just have to build the frames) I'll let you know how it works
out.

Being a pack-rat, by nature, I save everything. I also can't stand waste. So
It is almost an obsession with me to see what I can salvage or reuse.

I replied off list, because as I was typing this, Liz came in and reminded
me how close this was getting to the bed pan thread of a few weeks ago. As
quiet as the list has been the last few days, and with this being at least
loosely tied to Market Farming, I kinda thought it was OK, but I will defer
to her sense of fair play.

Hope all is well with you,

Bill Carver
Laughing Brook Farm