market-farming - Re: Summary: 101 Uses for an old shower curtain

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Summary: 101 Uses for an old shower curtain
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 05:28:42 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai <potzkai AT hotmail.com>

>Way cool!! (Been talking to my 16 year old son too long)

I have always said you could tell what age someone's children were by the
parents vocabulary.
>From Baby Talk to college clichés we tend to speak like our children do.
:-))

>So Bill, what's your next project - used tires, broken toilets, broken
garden tools.....? Hmmm.

I started to respond with a silly answer:..

"Actually, I am thinking of a series, maybe a book"

...but the more I think about it, the better that idea really sounds.

In just a few minutes, I thought about all the things that could be reused
if one were to take a moment to consider it.
There are eleventy-two things you can do with a used tire. From a swing to
chaining several together for a dirt drag.
Or using an old refirigerator on its back as a mouse-proof feed storage bin
in the horse barn. Or canabilizing an old washing machine as a spinner to
wring water out of greens etc...

There are jokes out there about Martha Stewart, reusing things that most
people wouldn't. But even Martha "Ain't got nothin'" on a self-reliant
farmer when it comes to creative uses for stuff.

Maybe, I really will write that book.
If a serious one doesn't fly, how about "101 uses for an ex-spouse"? <grin>

Reduce, reuse, recycle,

Bill Carver
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield, NC