market-farming - Re: 101 Uses for a used shower curtain

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: 101 Uses for a used shower curtain
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 15:53:46 -0700

What a fantastic response of what to do with those used $5.00 shower curtains!! We use ours by cutting in quarters and making table covers for play dough - I've even bought them new and cut for the purpose of wrapping play dough for birthday gifts (the mom's love it).

With all the responses it made me think of cutting one up into strips and making a bunch of "hot water bottle" type of tubes and filling with cold water and tying off. It may help my 7 year old to prevent another incident of heat stroke. It came on fast yesterday for him (he was outside from 8a - 10a) - we had temps of 39 celcius, record breaker since the 60's. So I've spent a good portion of today finding methods of prevention. Jacqueline