market-farming - 101 Uses for a used shower curtain

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming List" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: 101 Uses for a used shower curtain
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:58:28 -0400

Hi list,

Maybe it is the week of straight rain (yeah I know we need it but... All
at once?) and a touch of spring fever, or just temporary insanity...

OK, now don't laugh. Well maybe a little.

We replaced a tried and trusty shower curtain today. The question arose as
to whether to throw it away, or find a use for it. You know "reduce, reuse,
recycle." From this developed a conversation about the relative merits of a
used shower curtain on the farm.

To save all you list members from having a similar conversation
degenerate to the level to which our has sunken. I will present here as a
public service, the following "Semi-Serious" question.

Help me find "101 Uses for a used shower curtain"

You are not getting off the hook too easy. Using it as a tarp is already
old hat. So is using it as a ground cloth to crawl under the tractor or
pick-up on rainy days. (And "Hey Bill take that curtain and put it....."
is also off limits - Play nice please) Let's be creative here.

To those of you who feel this has no place on the list. Send your answers
to me off list if you prefer. In a few days I will compile the list of
suggestions and post a summary.

Hey, you know if this rain doesn't stop I could cut a neck hole in this
thing and use it as a poncho...

Best regards,

Bill Carver
Laughing Brook Farm