market-farming - Re: from the windy prairie

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: from the windy prairie
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:54:03 -0500

Joan wrote:
> Anyway, yesterday morning at 4 a.m. we awakened to the sound of a train -
but there's no track nearby. The house was shaking so badly that the water
in the toilet was rippling

Joan,
My husband and I used to do disaster work with the Brethren - we cleaned
up after a few tornadoes.

Next time you hear a train, the telltale sign of a tornado, head for the
cellar, for me, ok? I know you must know about tornadoes, being in Dorothy
and Toto's Kansas, after all, but I got such a case of heebie jeebies
reading your post!!!!!!!!!!

Jill, who is very glad you are safe,
hoop house saved or not!