market-farming - Roadside stand

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (market Framing)
  • Subject: Roadside stand
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:38:28 EST

I live on a major highway and thought a number of times about setting upa
stand on the highway.  I have a real wide double gate and a real wide access
off the highway itself, but have always had a feeling all I would get done
was to give away food,  after all most of the people in this countryside feel
that I should be just giving it away anyway.  Do you roadside marketers keep
a full line of products and how do you keep it cool???

I really envy you people that can do something outside,  all we have is snow
and lots of it on the ground still. Somewhat warmer today but only to 36 so
won't melt much.

Sick of winter
Phil from Iowa
Zone 4