market-farming - Re: Roadside Maket

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Roadside Maket
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:58:56 -0500

We use the honor system at our stand when we are all busy picking etc:  Usually most summers I end up loosing a few 20 dollar bills.  I know last year there was one woman about whom I was told from other customers who were at the stand at the same time she was that she would help herself and jump in her car and drive off.  Actually they were older people, and I thought well, maybe they needed the money.

We are again in a rural area, but have a very busy lake with plenty of campers who come to buy produce.  Most people are honest and have even gone as far as leaving notes as to what they bought and how much it all cost and how much change they took!!!!

Kathy in Vermont