market-farming - Re: Roadside Maket

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: growdammitgrow AT msn.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Roadside Maket
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:10:08 -0500

Hi George,
Last year, two days before halloween, I had about 100 pumpkins
stolen(kids I suppose). I only had about 30-50 left,we sold about ten ton.
I was so discusted, I put a coffee can and a price sign out by the
pumpkins and left for the day.My partner and I went to town and had a good
time. We speculated that their would be no money in the can. When we
returned home, we found all the pumpkins gone and $54.00 in the can. It
restored our faith in people, and quite frankly,depending on where you
are, I think the "honor system" can work.
Thom McCollum
The Butterfly Ranch
Zone 5 Ann Arbor,Mi