market-farming - Re: perennial weeds and deer damage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: perennial weeds and deer damage
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:01:14 -0600

We have a fairly high coyote population in our area. Sometimes it's
difficult to sleep at night with all the racket they make around here in the
summer. By the way, isn't February their big mating month? I don't notice
much of an impact on deer populations because of coyotes. I suppose they
must be responsible for the deer carcasses my dogs drag up into the yard.

Wolves? You're kidding. Ever see what a group of coyotes can do to a dog?
I shudder at the idea of having wolves around.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL 60927