market-farming - Re: newcomer from mississippi

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: newcomer from mississippi
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 16:43:22

On 05/26/00, ""Nan & Stewart" <stewart AT watervalley.net>" wrote:

> hi y'all...this is nan at dancing goats farm in north mississippi (zone =
> 7b with 35 acres of RED CLAY pastures...nice for goats, but a wee bit =
> difficult for the vegetables)
>
> i am new to the list and reading it is one of the highlights of my =
> day...you are all so generous with information, which is great for a =
> beginner such as myself

Greetings Nan and Stewart!

And welcome to the list. This is the best group of individuals you'll find
anywhere. So happy, encouraging and loaded with information, resources and
sharing.

Plus, my heart goes out to you with that red clay! I have razor clay, good
and sticky! You're going to need alot of mulch and compost, start growing
it now, plus one of the other members on the list here gave me a great tip.
Contact some lawn services in your area and offer to take their clippings,
leaves, etc. off their hands.

Blessings,
Ava