market-farming - RE: Ag Investment ?able

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Ag Investment ?able
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:02:51 -0400

>Yes. I've heard it from more than one government official,

It sure is that way with honey. If you look at our proposed new trade
relationship with China, vis-a-vie food, That's what its probably ( in
part) about too. Last year we imported from China more than we exported, I
think in every catogory but soybeans (check the recent issue of the
Agribusness Examiner). China has a large agriculture surplus.

And just to not let that sleeping dog just sit there snoring, my well
informed spouse informs me that one of the worlds biggest food irradiators
is China. So we should be getting plenty more Chinese meat too, now that
meat irradiation is legal. That solves the spoilage problem of the slow
boat from...

I wish it would stop raining so I can go back out to work.