market-farming - Re: Salad mix legislation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Betsy Levy" <blevy AT rsoc-slip.tamu.edu>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Salad mix legislation
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:23:02 -0700

Hi Liz -

it is not my impression that producers are going to be able to dodge this
one by not labelling "ready to eat." In fact, I've never seen a label like
that on any produce. It sounds to me like the way to handle HAACP is to
organize to oppose it. There are no food regulations that I know of that can
be waived by such a simple method.