market-farming - Re: Hi/edible marigolds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "five springs farm" <fsfarm AT mufn.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hi/edible marigolds
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 08:28:04 -0400

Marigolds are not toxic (so edible) but not palatable, either. But there are
"edible marigolds" that are good: they are called "gem" marigolds and come
in lemon and tangerine . They grow quickly and have nice yellow or orange
flowers that are pretty good and foliage that is great in salad or as a
garnish.

We also grow bachelor buttons, pansies, herbs as they flower (like oregano,
sage), and calendula to mane a few good edibles. There are plenty more that
we either do not grow or haven't learned of yet...

Jim and Jo
The Community Farm Newsletter
http://www.mufn.org/public/tcf