market-farming - Re: college ag program competes with farmers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: college ag program competes with farmers
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 08:19:21 -0700

Julie wrote below message I snipped some. Julie, first I ask does this
college train students in agricultural topics that would prepare them for
work as a farmer? If so they are doing their future and present alumnus a
disservice. One they are making farming seem easy and two they are not
teaching appropriate marketing. Undermining present farmers is not going to
do the ag. community any service (or their future graduates). And I would
suppose they think they are providing ag service with their courses, you can
point out with that kind of marketing they are not. Good luck Beth