market-farming - Re: LONG: Rain in Makaibari?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: LONG: Rain in Makaibari?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:24:8

Dear Hugh,

My plants seem to thrive on rain water vs. irrigation, plus we are limited
in our water use in Colorado, even with a special permit.

I observed at one time in a Botanical Sanctuary the use of copper divining
rods to create a rain for the Slippery Elm seedlings we had just planted.
This was in Ohio a few years back and they had suffered a severe drought
with no end in sight.

Have you had any experience with copper tubes? What is your impression of
lying copper tubing or pipe around the perimeter of crops, has this ever
been used to create a natural rainfall vs. irrigation? If the tubes were
filled with water, do you believe this may create a 'like attracks like'
condition? If I could water my crops in this fashion, I would be more than
pleased!

Blessings,
Ava