market-farming - Re: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Patrick Mulkey <Mulkey AT TUNL.TUNL.DUKE.EDU>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:01:00 -0500

Don't let the full time commercial sales folks in. If you do you will never
get them out. Here in Carrboro, NC we contunie to fight to keep them out. We
do have some farmers who sell at other markets and on the side of the road.
We also hear complaims about the bigger members of the market bringing too
much. About a third of our 80 or so farmers make their living from farming.
I am one of those part timers who turned his hobby into a profit making
business. Yes one day I would love to farm full time.

Good luck
Patrick Mulkey
Subject: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules