market-farming - Re: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT netins.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:16:06 -0600

<snip>
We probably won't limit ourselves this year -
<snip>

Hi Dori,

My gut feeling is it would be a mistake to let the "big guys" in this year
if you'll be wanting to get rid of them later.

Our local farmers' market is the pits because of "hobbyists" and I don't
plan to sell there anymore. They advertise that they have cut rate prices.
I'll be going at least 25 miles to the next nearest market this year if
there is room for me and if I have anything left over from all the good and
faithful csa customers I'm going to have and if I can afford to buy gas. :-)

Marie in Missouri