market-farming - Re: tractor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Don Bowen <donb AT cts.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tractor
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:58:36 -0800

tractor (John Deere, Case IHC, New Holland & so on) but the price was

Case IH and New Holland have combined so now another set of names bites the dust. New Holland used to be Ford. IH was IHC until the company sold the tractor division to Case in 1982 leaving just the truck division. The IHC light line had disappeared in 1979. The construction division was sold in the mid seventies and is now part of Komatso.

Of all the original tractor companies only John Deere and Caterpillar remain. Both have also bought up rivals but kept their own name.

Zetor was a stand alone company when it bought the tooling for the Ferguson 30. After the removal of state support it was sold to John Deere.

As for tractors, I am infavor of the older ones because of cost of operation. I have a 1936 Farmall12 on steel that I am restoring and hope to pick up a Case later this month to use around here.

Don Bowen donb AT cts.com
Valley Center, CA Senior Software Engineer
Internet development and software engineering

http://members.cts.com/crash/d/donb
http://www.oldengine.org/members/ihc14
http://www.oldengine.org/members/ferguson/