market-farming - tractor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: tractor
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:24:47 -0500

OK, I'm tired of messing around with my old AC and I think I will make the
plunge and buy a new tractor. What do people recommend, from their
experience, as a great tractor. I grow 5 acres of very mixed vegetables (a
csa) on very rocky land. Besides that, it would be nice to have something
I could drive into the forest and pull out a tree for firewood. This means
something that isn't prone to turning over on hilly country. The AC scared
me on land that wasn't nearly flat (and very little of our land is flat).

The guy that works on my AC (when it's something I can't do) is trying to
sell me a Koiti (sp?).