market-farming - I'M LOOSE----

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: I'M LOOSE----
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:04:46 -0500

Okay--that's it. Someone left my cage door open and I'm exhausted
from biting my tongue---ever notice the sweetness of blood, that slow
flow of your life mixed with the saltiness of wickedness & all the
imaginings one can sink into when forced into a dark lonely corner??

When I fire an employee--or a store manager--I do not consult with the
customers, or the employees, or the corporation. A decision is made,
swiftly executed--with diplomacy, tact, and a reference letter for a
new job expounding any positive traits of said person--without delving
into why I terminated them. It's not pleasant, but I make it as
gentle as possible. Some people just aren't cut out for the job. Why
do y'all deserve explanations for administrative decisions?? And you
didn't even give the list a chance to see what would happen. Your
loss. Enjoy your new barn--I will miss you, and will welcome you
back--anytime.

But I won't stoop that far down---