market-farming - Re: Another cure, perhaps...mycostop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: flowers AT rt66.com (Wilderness Flowers)
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Another cure, perhaps...mycostop
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:35:33 -0700 (MST)

if what you are experiencing is either a fusarium or botrytis you might want
to consider mycostop ;a stretomycetes beneficial fungi labled for both field
and greenhouse application

it is a fungus that eliminates other fungi , we have 8 years experience with
it and have never lost a seedling after using it we have used it as a foliar
in greenhouse withs ame results no botrytis

we are using it on tomatoes and peppers to be transplanted into a field
where we have lost plants to verticilium a few yrears ago and expect no
losses , it also increses yields on healthy plants

it would also likely be a good innoculum into a compost to enhance the
benificial fungal population martin

>> I want to try H2O2 this year on my tomatoes for early blight. Did you
>start spraying
>> before symptoms od after? What time of day did you spray (sun or shade)?
>Top and bottom
>> of leaves or just one or the other? Thanks for this info. I'm encouraged
>to hear H2O2
>> slowed blight down. My tomatoes don't succumb immediately, but it cuts
>down on fall
>> harvest.
>
>We are new to the use of H2O2 (as of last season) but this will be our
>approach again this year: Start spraying WAY before symptoms, say at 6-8"
>seedlings. I like to spray anything in cooler times of the day, and
>generally choose morning so that there is no residual moisture on leaves as
>night falls. Once a week until the plants are too big to make spraying
>practical and not TOO time consuming, which for us in our small operation,
>was perhaps 8-10 weeks. I think full coverage, or at least as full as
>practical, is best. And remember, it is not a cure but a slow-down. BTW, we
>use the 3% drug/grocery store variety, not the higher strength formulations
>@ 3TBS per gallon.
>
>Jim and Jo
>The Community Farm Newsletter
>http://www.mufn.org/public/tcf

Martin Connaughton
Wilderness Flowers
223 North Guadalupe St. pmb # 159
Santa Fe, NM 87501
zone 3-4-5 depending on mother nature .. zone 5 this year and no snow

5059898337 office/home
5057578337 farm april/november
5059203421 cell