market-farming - Re: Bt corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelley Pasco" <whistle AT halcyon.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bt corn
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 18:13:01 -0800

Personally, I am open to new technologies and ideas--but I think they need
to be thoroughly examined before they are used on a grand scale. The fact
that so much about all GE crops has been kept in the dark really makes me
wonder what is the big secret. If it was such a wonderful, harmless
technology, why aren't they telling everyone about it--why keep the benefits
in the dark. Why not tell everyone how proud they are of it. Instead they
sneak them into processed foods where noone will notice. Shouldn't they be
proud to label the fact that it is GE modified, as I am proud to label that
my produce is GE free?
Should adequate third-party testing be done, and it is proven safe with
minimal impact on the world around us, I will reconsider.

Shelley
Whistling Train Farm