market-farming - Re: A lurker taking the plunge with compost question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: A lurker taking the plunge with compost question
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:30:48 -0800

> Needless to say, I have a lot of manure around. Does anyone think it
> would be worthwhile to build a big compost bin and fill it with the
> manure from the various animals, age it, then sell it?
> Thanks,
> Shirley

I definitely feel it would be worth your while to make compost. Compost is
an important ingredient to maintaining soil fertility and health. Before
selling it however I would make sure your market garden, and pastures are
well taken care of.
Good luck this year with all of your plans
Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation WA>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: mjb AT premier1.net
$subst('Email.Unsub')