market-farming - Re: on-farm poultry processing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: on-farm poultry processing
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:42:02 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 8:12 AM

> Andy Lee & Pat Foreman wrote:
> >
> > > In VA I think the "limit" is 2000, it is less here
> > but I don't know how many.
> >
> > One of the things I find most annoying on this list, is
> > the number of people who offer an opinion without either
> > the experience or knowledge to back it up. I In VA the
> > "limit" is 1,000 birds for farm exemption, and 20,000
> > birds for facility exemption.
>
> My, my, my, aren't we cranky!
>
> Thank you for the correction anyway.
>
> --
This is exactly what I was trying to point out. Andy put it more succinctly
than I. I appreciate your contributions Holly, to a point. Andy is right,
a lot of misinformation floats around and I too usually ignore it. But
we're dealing with live animals, people's money and thier livlihood. Best
for the people who have been there, done that to give experienced advice to
newbies, and to realize farming is a humbling experience and there are
always ten right answers to a question and as always it varies as to your
conditions (or in this case, state).
Respectfully
Michaele
Growing Things