market-farming - Re: Composting Tumblers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Don Bowen <donb AT cts.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Composting Tumblers
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:23:02 -0800

As far as the door being too small...make it bigger, or redesign the stand
so it's up higher and you can snug up a wheelbarrow under it and pour it
out.

One version I saw several years ago had the barrel mounted on a rack high enough that a wheel barrow could fit underneath. Just turn until the open door is down and compost fell out rather than being shoveled. You could do the same without the rack, just leave the front cross piece off then dump the compost on the ground.

I am looking for a plastic barrel to set up watering across the road so now I am looking for two.

Don Bowen donb AT cts.com
Valley Center, CA Senior Software Engineer
Internet development and software engineering

http://members.cts.com/crash/d/donb
http://www.oldengine.org/members/ihc14
http://www.oldengine.org/members/ferguson/