market-farming - Re: Composting Tumblers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Composting Tumblers
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:33:36 -0800

Not to be argumentative, but I'd imagine that plastic would be less safe
than metal because thru the aid of composting heat the plasticizers could
leach into the compost.

I think the wheels are a great idea! Especially if you have uneven ground.
I'd rather have the thing in one place instead of chasing after it and
getting the barrel all nasty on the outside. This way it's up off the
ground.

As far as the door being too small...make it bigger, or redesign the stand
so it's up higher and you can snug up a wheelbarrow under it and pour it
out.

Baffles? The design isn't that big that baffles should make a difference.
Plus, it's the turning that does the aeration. Wouldn't want too much air
in thar.

Rose