market-farming - Re: Onions, hor and sweet

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelley Pasco" <whistle AT halcyon.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Onions, hor and sweet
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:57:15 -0800

My experience regarding onions is that the more lime I use, the less hot the
onions. Within each variety, of course. My storage onions are always more
pungent than my Walla Walla onions, but all of them grow larger and taste
better the sweeter the soil. If you want hotter alliums use more sulfur.
Shelley
Whistling Train Farm
Kent, WA

  • Re: Onions, hor and sweet, Marcie Rosenzweig, 02/22/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Onions, hor and sweet, Shelley Pasco, 02/23/2000