market-farming - Re: earthway seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: earthway seeders
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 08:37:22 -0800 (PST)

We have 2 earthway seeders we put together by taking off the handles and
than attatching one handle to both seeders and putting a spring clamp on the
front. Takes about 10 minutes to set up. The seeders are a foot apart.
Having a 1' wide row makes for easy cultivation too.

We have been lucky to find seeders at auctions for usually under $25.00
(though we had to order the plates for one as it only had a popcorn plate).

We haven't tried doing 3 on an axel (or attatching with a second handle)
because we don't have 3 seeders yet but one never knows when one will come
our way for a song.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH
Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/boulderbeltcsa
Organic Farming and Gardening Forum:
http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb135705
Want Social Change? Join a CSA!

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com

  • earthway seeders, Andy Lee & Pat Foreman, 02/05/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: earthway seeders, Lucy Goodman-Owsley, 02/06/2000