market-farming - organic & conventional farming compatibility

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: organic & conventional farming compatibility
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 9:23:23

Please bear with me here. I'm away from my home computer for a few days &
am using an antique! (I hope this goes through okay.) I read yesterday's
posts from the web. If you're thinking of unsubscribing-try this-it's an
easy, no-stress way to keep up minus the clogged mailbox.

Now on to the topic. (Lawrence, walk away-I'm bringing up the
"o" word ; ).) In reading through the posts last night, I realized alot
(most :) of the discussions have surrounded organic farming. This is a
volatile issue for some, but please here me out. I don't know how many
subscribers we have who are conventional/traditional/sustainable/etc
farmers who not organic. I believe the intent of this list was to inspire
dialog for the encouragement & education of everyone. So, please, (Marcie,
I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm out of line here ; ).)if you have
something to discuss that's outside the organic threads, please don't
hesitate to post. This list is for you,too. I'm not trying to stir up
trouble, just thoughtful, meaningful, polite dialogue. As an adult, I learn
from many viewpoints. I may not always agree with them, but they expose my
beliefs so that I must re-examine them to discover if in fact they are the
truth I seek. There's room for other viewpoints on this list. I, for one,
am ready to listen.

From one humble, not-as-frequent poster (I'm learning!),

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens