market-farming - Re: organic & conventional farming compatibility

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: organic & conventional farming compatibility
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:36:19 -0800

Liz is correct.

I think the bias toward, organic is, in part, because smaller growers in
particular find that differenciator to be an advatage in the marketplace.
For a lot of us it's a philosphical difference. However, this list is
meant to be inclusive, hence the "respect" lecture in the FAQ :-)

>snip<
>I believe the intent of this list was to inspire
>dialog for the encouragement & education of everyone. So, please, (Marcie,
>I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm out of line here ; ).)if you have
>something to discuss that's outside the organic threads, please don't
>hesitate to post. This list is for you,too. I'm not trying to stir up
>trouble, just thoughtful, meaningful, polite dialogue. As an adult, I learn
>from many viewpoints. I may not always agree with them, but they expose my
>beliefs so that I must re-examine them to discover if in fact they are the
>truth I seek. There's room for other viewpoints on this list. I, for one,
>am ready to listen.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA