market-farming - Re: Motivated deer...(Re: fence posts)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Motivated deer...(Re: fence posts)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:13:40 -0400

3. The scent of humans - barber shop hair, urine - gives them pause to be
circumspect and a desire to keep movin'.

Rose - In my recent experience, deer have become domestic animals, following house mice, norwegian rats, opposums, raccoons, coyotes and armadillos in modifying their traditional relationship with humankind to assure their own survival. After my expriences this past season, for all I know, deer are ATTRACTED by human smells.

One thing I know for certain, Irish Spring Soap bars DO NOT deter the deer's interest in chard after September 15! :-)

-Allan Balliett