market-farming - Re: wood chips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: kathryn marsh <kmarsh AT iol.ie>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: wood chips
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:26:16 +0000

>Before the 3 feet of snow we've got over the last week, the power company
>was clearing the right of way and had lots of wood chips (mostly brush and
>hard wood) with no where cheap to put them, Not wanting to turn up
>something which seemed to have value I told them to go ahead and dump the
>chips on some rocky land near our drive. They've dumped about 10 truck
>loads and I'll probably get another 10 before they're finished in this area.

How long can you let them sit - I'd be tempted to just leave them there
until I could plant into them - lovely composted topsoil, great drainage
from the rocks underneath

kathryn

  • wood chips, Leigh Hauter, 01/30/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: wood chips, Marie Kamphefner, 01/30/2000
    • Re: wood chips, kathryn marsh, 01/31/2000