lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum 1.0

  • From: "Liu Xuefeng" <xfliu.math AT gmail.com>
  • To: "John Joseph Bachir" <jjb AT ibiblio.org>, lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum 1.0
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:37:09 +0900

Hello everyone!

I am very glad to have updated my website based on Lyceum from version
0.34 to 1.0. This process fore me was a little headache. You see, I have to
apply many patches as I have changed many places to make it fit my need.
However, it was done! Perfectly! Many thanks to Mr. John!

You can have a browse of it at http://www.xys-reader.org. I would like to
share my pleasure with you!

Here, I am sorry that the site is in Chinese and registration is
limited. But you can
get some sense by browsing.

1) A new designed portal page is on use. One thing to mentioned is that, the
articles of categories having same names among blogs are collected together!

2) We are using about 10 kinds of themes, which are originally created
for WordPress.

3) By adding only 8 lines of code, we can now count the page view for
every blog.

4) The link to go to portal page is there easy to find.

5) A new Chinese interface of Lyceum is done!

6) You can change the order of categories. (Sorry, John, I submitted
some patch weeks
ago, but these days I checked it and found it to be the wrong version!)

[[ Some of work above maybe meaningful for others and I am very very glad to
share them with you if you like! Please wait until this weekend (or next?) ]]
7) For Chinese people, you can easy import Sina blogs.

Also, there was still bugs(There is no codes no bugs :-) ). I will
summarize them
and submit them to John. Here are some import ones that were once a
time confusing
me.

1) It is time consuming(seems to be never ending) when I visit my site
after my initial
update. I have to kill the process on terminal! To solve this, I
disabled the " Do pingbacks"
part of "wp-admin/execute-pings.php". Up to now, I don't know what
is wrong or not.

2) When you want to view the "previous page" of a blog, the link does
work when the url
of your visit is like this:
http://xys-reader.org/blogs/fangzhouzi
but this one is ok
http://xys-reader.org/blogs/xfliu/fangzhouzi
So, for the moment, I forced every url to have a "/" at the end.

Also, the same bug in the page:
http://**.org/blogs/blog.slug/admin/edit.php

3) The Akismet plug in has position changed. To be compatible with old
version,
you'd better copy <plugin>/akismet/* to <plugin>/ .