lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Podpress

  • From: "Shahrooz Bhopti" <drivencompassion AT gmail.com>
  • To: "John Joseph Bachir" <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Podpress
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:29:59 -0400

We have tested podpress both system-wide as well as on a per blog basis.

Will let you know if and when we find a solution :-)

Shahrooz

On 9/25/06, John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> The problem is, Lyceum implements the get_role() method differently
> than Wordpress does.  Lyceum seems to have roles per blog.  When you
> activate podpress it calls get_role() it tries to find the
> administrator role associated with the selected blog, but there is no
> blog selected (you're in the system administration area) and there is
> no administrator role  that is not associated with a specific blog.
>
> This is where I don't know what to do next.  Why does Lyceum have
> roles on a per blog basis?  If I modified my Lyceum install to change
> the get_roll() method to not look for roles associated with a
> particular blog and treated roles as if they are global (which is what
> I want them to be), what kind of an impact would that have on other
> things?

Thanks Richard for sharing you experience with us. Sharooz and Richard--
have either of you tried podpress on a per-blog basis instead of
system-wide? Some code will still probably need to be changed. To look at
what code might need to be changed, look at the diff here:

http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/59

(yes i know the hashcash port doesn't really work right now... but i think
that code will give you some ideas of what to change. it's not the
greatest help because there aren't any sql changes if i remember
correctly, and i think podpress will need some sql changes)

Regarding global roles: that would be pretty antithetical to the entire
Lyceum architecture. Lyceum is meant to be a blogging services system,
with the potential for custom cross-blog features.

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/