lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Failure to create .htaccess

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Rowan Crane <rowan.crane AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Failure to create .htaccess
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:49:17 -0400 (EDT)

can you check the lyceum and apache logs? there might be some clues in there. let us know how it goes.

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Rowan Crane wrote:

Dear all

I think this tool may be exactly what I'm after for my latest project (many
thanks!). Am currently trying to install it now but I have a problem

The installer does not create the htaccess file with the various mod rewrite
rules so the site doesn't work. The install produces no errors and the site
itself displays okay. (I have made the web server owner of the relevant
dirs as specificed in the instructions so no permission errors are output in
the install wizard).

If anyone could point me in the right direction for seeing why this isn't
working I would be grateful. Failing that a copy of a clean installation's
.htaccess content would be grand.

(unfortunately I do not have shell access on the host in question)

Many thanks in advance

RC

--
John