lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Consistent navigation across blogs?

  • From: "David R. Woolley" <drwool AT thinkofit.com>
  • To: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Consistent navigation across blogs?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:21:45 -0500

I was hoping I might find some existing theme or plugin that would make it easy. Since I posted the question, I've been digging deeper into the WordPress documentation and have realized that I just need create my own theme, which I'll do by copying an existing theme and modifying it.

The effect I'm aiming for is to have these blogs embedded within a web site, such that the main navigational structure remains constant whether you're looking at one of the blogs or some other page that's outside of Lyceum/WordPress. You know, a sidebar that's always present throughout the entire web site -- visually distinct from whatever content appears in the main part of the page. So the blogs would have their blog content and their own sidebar on the right side with links for navigating internally within the blog (through archives, etc.) while the sidebar on the left would provide links to other major areas of the site, some of which will be other blogs, some of which might be regular web pages, a wiki, a photo album, forums, etc...