lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] New to Lyceum and Stuck

  • From: Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Doug Start <Startd AT ghaps.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] New to Lyceum and Stuck
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:09:09 -0400

The problem likely has to do with your directory architecture. As noted in the installation guide on the wiki, if you want mysite.com, or in your case blogs.mysite.com to be the lyceum portal page then you need to set the document root of the server to be what in your case is /www/lyceum/src/lyceum (the document root should be the folder that contains portal.php.)

The problem you describe is likely happening because your 'WEBROOT' variable should be set to '/lyceum/src/lyceum' if your current document root is only /www. Anyway, after you fix apache's document root to point at the right directory, in your wp-config you should set:

MAINDOMAIN to be 'blogs.mysite.com'
SUBDOMAINS to be 'true'
WEBROOT to be ''

Then try reinstalling.

- Jameson

Doug Start wrote:
I am frustrated with getting Lyceum to run on our server box. I am sure it is something stupid and simple I am overlooking. Here is my situation and ANYONE who has some suggestions or good documentation can let me know.
We currently have a company website www.mysite.com <http://www.mysite.com> (just as an example) and we want to set up lyceum for employee blogs on a separate box with a new IP. That box will be configured for subdomains so visitors can visit blogs.mysite.com to register for a blog, or user.blogs.mysite.com to visit a specific blog. This is a windows XP box running the latest WAMP Install (PHP, MYSQL, APACHE). I configured apache to define the document root (www) and extraced the lyceum install so inside the www folder it has
-+ www
—--+lyceum
—----------+installation
inside lyceum are all standard files and folders. I have followed install instructions to the "T" and when I go to blogs.mysite.com I get the FTP file list. When I run the install blogs.mysite.com/lyceum/src/lyceum/wp-install.php then it runs fine and I configure it. However when I click out to create a blog it just brings me back to the same screen that says welcome to lyceum and I have 3 options (register, login, logout) Clicking on each option nets the same result. Can anyone help. I have reinstalled 8 times and get the same thing. What am I missing?!?!?!?
Signed Frustrated on the lakeshore.